Sunday, August 19, 2012

Black Widow

Found her on the patio today while I was rearranging some potted plants.




IMG_5806a

I was a bit sad that I had to kill her. She was just doing her thing, eating some ants and hiding under a pot.





IMG_5804a



Black widow spiders are ubiquitous in this part of the state. This is the seventh one I've found on my house this summer, and that's without looking (don't tell my husband). If I see them in the front yard I let them live because me and the dogs don't spend much time there. But this one was on the patio where the dogs spend a lot of time nosing around, and I just couldn't take the risk.




IMG_5799a

1 comment:

Losech said...

That widow is gorgeous! I love her markings.
I grew up with these things in every possible place in my house and yard. I do know they are dangerous, but I will get pretty darned close to take a good look at them.